Thursday, May 26, 2011

Road Maps

It's been almost a year since I last blogged.
In the last year...

My divorce was finalized...
... and my ex-husband got engaged to his girlfriend of four months, two months after our divorce was finalized.

My sister and I made up... again. It seems to have stuck more this time. It's been 6 months and we're still talking. Win!

My step-sister and I broke up... technically, I was dumped. We were fine. Went to a Brewer's game together and then *boom* gone. I haven't heard from her in 10 months. Proof that there are no trustworthy people on this planet.

I dated two boys, one for short, one for longer. They were both of the same cut and quality, which is to say, not very high. I have no taste in men... apparently, so I'm taking a break. More, more and more proof that there are no trustworthy people on this planet, including myself.

I went to Costa Rica for a month. I wish I would have spent my time there better. It was beautiful, but I was partially homesick for my puppies and one of the above mistakes most of the time I was away. That doesn't mean that I didn't have a good time. I went zip-lining, twice. I walked suspension bridges. I ran on the beach. I ate rice and beans. It was lovely. It's just slightly tinged with regret.

Now, I'm back. Back in my old life. I work. I spend time with the dogs. I am alone. Almost, all the time. I am unmoored and drifting through this life with no purpose and no hope for the future. I have no one, no idea, no plan to anchor myself to.

If I keep busy, I don't have to think about it that much.

I need... something.