Thursday, August 20, 2009

We Do Not Kill Bunnies in This House, Mister!

We do NOT kill bunnies in this house, Mister!
These are the words my neighbors heard me screaming across the lawn at my dog, Milo today. We have a little burrow in our backyard where a bunny must have given birth because there are a bunch of baby bunnies in there.

Milo found it. A couple of days ago he kept sniffing a patch of dead grass and jumping back in surprise. I watched it for a little bit until I went over there.
Pity sake Milo! Stop being such a drama queen! It's just a patch of dead... oh.
He's been crazy about going into the backyard ever since. I've been trying to keep him away from it. I took him out today and let him near enough to sniff it (which is all he did last time).

This time he stuck his stupid nose in and pulled out a tiny, little baby bunny. I started screaming and swatting Milo's rear end until he dropped the bunny. I threw his butt back in the house grabbed a towel and went back outside to return the bunny to its burrow.

Poor bunny tried to get away from me, but it couldn't hop properly yet so it just sort of flopped around in a circle.

After I came back inside, Milo and I had a long conversation about how killing bunnies is not what we do in this household. I don't think much of it sunk in. He's standing at the back door trying to get me to take him out as I type. Bad dog. Poor bunny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm...you know that the bunny will be rejected by it's mom now. Mother bunnies are very fickle and will reject their young if they smell an unfamiliar scent. Not your fault though...

quartergoddess said...

That's not actually true at all. But, thanks for playing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.