Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Musicality

I got an iTunes gift card recently, so I spent some time trolling for music online over the weekend.

I considered several different CDs before I actually bought one.

First up, I thought of Fame Monster by Lady Gaga. I definitely want to buy this CD at some point, but I kind of wanted something from an artist I didn't already have.

Next, I considered getting Awake by Skillet. I really like their song Monster, but then I found out they are or maybe were a Christian rock band. Hmmm, I hate to be a snob, but can a Christian band really rock it out?

Last, for kicks, I checked out I Dreamed a Dream from Susan Boyle. Her voice is so pretty. Sigh. But, um, this is not the music I normally listen to.

Can you guess which album I picked?

If you said Susan Boyle, then congratulations, you picked a winner!

Her music is not what I normally listen to, but damn her voice is pretty. It's strange to hear that voice covering the Stones, the Monkees and Madonna, but it was kind of lovely.

I'm a little embarrassed that I bought a Susan Boyle album. Oh suck it up! I like it, I don't care what anyone else thinks!

For the record, I've listened to Monster about 20 times since I bought it and I don't hear anything religious in the lyrics. So, I'm probably eventually going to buy Awake anyway. I dig it.

No comments: