Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day

I bought my grandfather, Poppie, a Father's Day card. It's very pretty and brown. It looks handmade with fancy paper and a ribbon on the front. It says "Love You, Grandpa" on the front.

It's too bad that I'm greeting card illiterate, otherwise I might have read the inscription before I bought it. It says:
You're a wonderful person grandfather,
a great person, 
and an inspiration to the family. 
Happy Father's Day
Just in case he didn't know it before, he's a wonderful person AND a great person. In a comma delimited list TOGETHER. 

Sigh.

I know he probably won't even notice. He's a sweet, darling man who will just be glad I sent him a card, but still, I would rather send him a card that didn't read like a raging, insipid moron wrote it. 

I guess most greeting cards sound that way anyway, so I probably didn't really move that far down the greeting card food chain. 

2 comments:

Mr Blume said...

I think it was an inspired choice, really inspirational. Nicely done.

quartergoddess said...

Thanks for the support Blume.

You are a really wonderful person, a great person and an inspiration to me.