Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Terrific

I think I've mentioned before that there is a Life's Little Instructions poster above my dentist's chair. Most of the "instructions" are pretty annoying, some... some I take to heart.

For example, "Send lots of Valentine's Day cards. Sign them 'Someone who thinks your terrific'"

I think that's a great/ridiculous idea, only I don't want to wait until stinking Valentine's Day. No, I'm going to implement this plan now. I'm going to buy a bunch of cards and send them out to people. No return address. No nothing. Just "Someone who thinks you're terrific" (I'm going to go ahead and spell you're correctly though, hopefully that doesn't ruin it) I may even dot an i with a little heart or add an exclamation point. We'll see. I've got to keep it real. 

If you know me and I know your address, you're probably getting a card.
If you read this blog and I don't know your address, leave it on the comments or send me an email (quartergoddess@yahoo.com) and I'll send you a card, too. Because, you're probably pretty terrific and everybody deserves to be told so every now and again.

Plus, I think it's funny. (Don't worry, I'll still mean it)

I thought about picking some random names out of the phone book and sending them cards. It seems like it would be nice to get a card out of nowhere that told me I was terrific. But, then again it would drive me nuts not to know who sent it. Plus, what if I accidentally caused some poor couple to break up because they couldn't figure out who would send their significant other a card about how terrific they are? 

I wouldn't want that on my conscience. On the other hand, they really should have a little more faith in their partner. 

Cards for everybody!

Signed,

Someone who thinks you're terrific

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I don't have a card, that bothers me.

Oh, you are not having my email:

IKillInfidels@GuantanamoBayDetentionCamp.com

Have a nice day

quartergoddess said...

Okay, well the thing is, if you're dumb, you don't get to play.

I don't need your email address.
But, I understand reading is hard.

Thanks for the effort.

Signed,
Someone who thinks you're not as funny as you think you are!

P.S. No, you have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Hello sister dear,
This is actually the only cool anonymous out there. You know what is funny, is I thought the same thing as you wrote before I scrolled down. I miss your old picture at the top of your blog. It reminded me of a part of you that really only I know about. Oh well.....I expect a card now! Even thought I just got one that you signed twice!
Love you!

mle428 said...

"Reading is hard." HAHAHAHAH