Monday, October 26, 2009

Path

When I was younger, I could see a path laid out for me. Easy to follow, just place one foot in front of the other and I would get where I wanted to go. No problem.
Easy as pie.
Peach pie.

Is this where I meant to go?

I can't see the path laid out in front of me anymore. I don't know where I'm going or why. I'm a little bit lost. The future looks murky. I can't see it at all. I'm flying blind.

I still have hope for a better tomorrow, so I keep trying to figure it all out.

Then, I remember Pandora's box. Was hope a gift to humanity or a curse? Fairly often, it feels like both.

2 comments:

Fern608 said...

The world is your oyster, Sweetie. Sounds silly, but I envy you a bit. If I were you, I'd sell all of my possessions and roam the world, and work odd jobs in every country I'd land! You don't need to be conventional. Just be true to yourself and live your life however you want.

Heather said...

Do all of the things that you thought you couldn't.