Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It shouldn't annoy me, but it does

I went to the gym tonight to work out on the elliptical.
This is important to the story.
I was not planning on using the treadmill.
There were two girls using the treadmills I usually use.
They were using them last night, too.

Okay, I know it's petty and wrong. But I kind of hate them.
The one girl was running on the treadmill so slowly she might as well have been walking.
The other actually was walking.
Not just walking, but walking slowly.

Just watching them annoyed me.
Mostly, because I think it is only the beginning of what I hope is a short-lived trend.
I've seen their type before. They get all "serious about going to the gym" and they come everyday for a week or so, then nothing.
I really hope this is their type.
I really hate running downstairs.

Petty, petty, petty.
I know it's wrong.
I hate having my routine interrupted.

Go ahead. Get serious about going to the gym.
Just don't inconvenience me please.
Really, it's best for everyone if I don't even realize you exist.

I keep trying to shake it off.
Meh.
It's no big deal. Don't sweat it.
And yet, still, it annoys me.

No comments: