Monday, March 31, 2008

What a difference a size makes!!

Generally, I think advertising verges on evil, but thank you New Balance.
They put the idea of new running shoes in my head.

So, I got a new pair of running shoes and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!
My old shoes were kind of painful... I've various problems with them that I won't go into detail on (You're welcome!)

I've been in various amounts of pain at the gym since I started.
First, getting into shape.
Then, after I finally got into shape I broke my shoulder.
(Working out with a broken shoulder is not fun, I don't recommend it)
After that, there was those stupid Nikes.

I never really thought that my shoes would make such a difference.
Hindsight is 20/20, so I can't really blame myself for thinking that was normal.
But now that I know, I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out.

I bought shoes that are a size larger than I usually wear (an 8, instead of a 7/7.5), I think that might have helped too.

I'm not sure all the credit goes to my new shoes, but I had a killer day at the gym.
I broke through on the elliptical and had my best day in a long time.
I went up on the weight machines, even though I was exhausted.
Great day at the gym!

I'm going to try to do the treadmill tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments: