Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pink Lemonade

Is pink lemonade really raspberry lemonade?

At work, they have those Crystal Light packets that will turn your bottle of water into lemonade or orange drink or green tea. I usually use the plain old lemonade packet.

I get kind of sick of lemonade though. Unfortunately, my only other options are Classic Orange, Raspberry Ice or Raspberry Lemonade.

It's unfortunate mostly because I hate raspberries. I want to say that I hate them with the fiery passion of a thousand suns, but that would be an exaggeration. So imagine that fiery passion, only slightly less intense and you'll get the picture about how I feel about raspberries.

So, if in fact, pink lemonade is really raspberry lemonade, I'm going to have to re-think my whole stance on pink lemonade. I used to fall solidly into the "pro-pink lemonade" camp.


I had hoped that pink lemonade was really just regular lemonade colored pink. Maybe I was just kidding myself. I feel so disillusioned. It feels like when you are a kid and you realize that "Santa" is actually just Mom and Dad. Just. Like. That.


3 comments:

Shamrock said...

Don't worry, Nat - pink lemonade and raspberry lemonade are different. I love raspberry lemonade (and have those Crystal Light packets) and it is definitely not the same as pink lemonade. So drink your pink lemonade in peace, knowing it is just regular lemonade that is colored to be more fun for the kiddies.

quartergoddess said...

According to wikipedia, "Sometimes artificial colorings are used; natural colorings can include grenadine[1], cherry juice, red grapefruit juice, grape juice, cranberry juice, strawberry juice, pink-fleshed Eureka lemon juice, or other juices"

I'm relieved that raspberry is not on that list. And you know if it's on wikipedia, it's got to be true.

mle428 said...

I feel about cantaloupe the way you feel about raspberries.