Sunday, March 15, 2009

That wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be

That's what she said.

Ha. 

No, really. Today, in addition to going to the grocery store, hardware store, gym and baking cupcakes (strawberry with vanilla icing AND sprinkles, delicious!), I stripped the wall paper out of our half bath. It's been a busy day. I'm tired. 

It was the most hideous looking wall paper known to man. I have hated it ever since we moved in. I put off taking it down because I thought it would be this big ordeal because in order to really get it all down I needed to move the toilet in that bathroom.

As it turns out, both moving a toilet and stripping wallpaper are not as hard as I thought they were. Really, start to finish, the whole project only took a couple of hours. I'm not completely done yet as I still have to fix the walls and repaint the bathroom, but still, I should have done this years ago.

It looks so much better. Of course, it wouldn't have been such a big relief if I had done it years ago. I wouldn't have come to loathe that fucking wallpaper, so I guess it all works out in the end. Right?

I feel so handy.

3 comments:

Fern608 said...

Did you move the toilet yourself? If so, I'm impressed!

quartergoddess said...

The husband helped.

I turned off the water, drained the tank, removed the bolts, unhooked it from the water source.
He actually picked it up and moved it.

I may have some muscles, but I'm not a linebacker.

Fern608 said...

You could have done it by yourself if you wanted to. You're an independent, intelligent woman. It's nice to have help though.