Monday, April 6, 2009

Food Goodness

I had some amazing, amazing food in San Francisco. There is such bliss in eating truly excellent food. It's a good thing I'm not around it all the time or I don't know if I could maintain a decent level of self control, but having it is just so lovely.

One of the places I went with JR was Nolas, a New Orleans themed restaurant. We both got excited for an appetizer that had fried okra in it. 
Sometimes I feel so thoroughly "Wisconsin-ized" that I forget there are these parts of me, locked away, that belong to someplace else. 
Fried okra and corn bread stuffing (both of which were available at this restaurant) belong there. 

So, for the day when I go back to San Francisco...

Where I had a warm arugula salad with white corn, bacon, goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. 
And the seared mahi-mahi with white corn risotto. 

There we had NO L.A. 'Frites' which was basically fries, sweet potato fries and fried okra. 
I had Andouille & Cornbread stuffed pork chops. 

1 comment:

mle428 said...

I had some of the best food when I was in San Fran...I loved that place.