Sunday, June 22, 2008

A/V Goddess

For Christmas when I was 18 I asked my dad for a home theater receiver.
He got me a nice Sony receiver and it has traveled with me where ever I have lived since then.
Alas, as it neared it's 10 year birthday, it finally gave out.
The husband and I were forced to replace her.
Today, I hooked up our new receiver (also Sony) to all of our equipment, and let me tell you that is no small feat as we have a cable box, a TiVO, a tv, a cd player, iPod and DVD.
It's a complicated system and usually it takes me a few times plugging and unplugging cords to get it all right. In the end, I have to hook things up in some stupid insane way to get things to work. Like the cd player has to be hooked up through the TiVO to work correctly.
This time (just this time, I don't hold out hope that this would work again in the future) everything was hooked up correctly the first time. Everything works.
That never happens.
It was awesome.
I am an a/v goddess.
At least for today.
Today is a good day.

ETA: Clearly, I spoke too soon.

No comments: