Monday, December 29, 2008

Cute?

Now that I'm back from the in-laws, I had planned on writing an adorable blog on all the quirky stuff they do up there. And let me tell you, some of the people we know up there bring quirky to a whole new level I never even imagined existed until I met them.

However, currently my piece-o-shit Dell laptop will only work if the husband and I hold manually hold the power cable at an awkward angle, tap it three times with the first blooms of a cherry blossom tree underneath a harvest moon. So, I scrapped it to whine instead.

Tomorrow we're ordering a new computer, and dude, it ain't gonna be a Dell. We're going to go with a Mac this time in the hopes that a non-Windows based computer might not be the complete pieces of shit that our last 3 computers have been (all Dells, I might add).

The only problem is how to get all the old data off the old computer. It gets kind of crampy to continue to hold the power cord at an awkward angle. We'll see if we can manage it long enough for me to transfer our stuff, possibly to an online data storage center.

Anybody use any that they would recommend? Any that come uber-cheap? Anybody have a Dell laptop battery I can borrow to avoid angry hand cramps?

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Dell?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1408?viewlocale=en_US

All you will ever need to know!

Mr Blume said...

I have a Dell. If you want to bring yours up when you come, I can see if my Battery will fit.

Fern608 said...

I have extra power cords for a Dell laptop if that helps, but no extra batteries.

mle428 said...

I have an HP laptop and I love it love it love it. My computer nerd better-half will never let me purchase a Mac.

Fern608 said...

you can't watch on demand Netflix with a MAC... yet. If you do get another PC, just stay away from Vista. I hate it

Shamrock said...

She is lying - you can watch Netflix on demand on a Mac. I know because I have the awesomeness that is a Mac. Better than any PC I have ever used!!