Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Scary!

Today, I was rear ended on highway 151 by some jerk who was driving too fast and following too close. My rear window was shattered and my bumper was crushed like a tin can. 

I'm okay. 

The cop asked me if I was okay at least four times. By the end, I wanted to say, "Dude, I was just in a car accident. Is okay relative? Then, for just being in a car accident, I'm okay."

The worst part?

The guy honked seconds before he hit me. Just long enough, so that I had time to look into my rear view mirror and watch him hit me. That's the part that keeps playing over and over in my head. 

Honk, glance... CRASH!

Hopefully all of you have had a better day than I did. Be safe out there and remember not to follow too closely or you may end up being the jerk in the rear view mirror. 

7 comments:

mle428 said...

I would have knocked the other driver unconscious.

Mr Blume said...

Hey Cougs,

Glad to hear that you are ok. Let's now make this an annual event ok.

Fern608 said...

Glad you're OK. Guess I'll run out and buy you a new ornament. BTW, are you REALLY OK???

Was he a younger police officer? If so, did you get his number or did he ask for yours, Cougs?

quartergoddess said...

mr. b... I really hope that you meant "let's not make this an annual event." Cause, otherwise, that's kinda mean.

F - Yes, I'm okay, as much as I ever am. No, the police was not younger than me. Yes, he did ask for my phone number, but I'm pretty sure he had to.

Heather said...

What about the guy behind? Tickets and stuff right.

Mr Blume said...

I did mean "not", I wouldn't wish multiple car accidents on anyone.

Merry Christmas!

quartergoddess said...

H - I assume so, but neither of us got out of our cars. The cop was the go between and told us to stay in our cars. Because it was cold and snowing, I wasn't inclined to challenge him. :)