Thursday, December 18, 2008

What the hell are you doing?

I went to the gym tonight. Big surprise, right?
I was upstairs on the elliptical when some kid came up to run on one of the treadmills. 
Oh. My. Lord!
I have never heard anybody run so loudly in my life.

Imagine someone banging on a piece of sheet metal with a hammer. 
Well, that would be quieter than this kid running on the treadmill!
I'm not kidding. The sound echoed throughout the whole fitness center. 

The husband ended up on the elliptical next to me (which almost never happens). We caught each other's eye a few minutes into this kid's run and I could barely keep a straight face. I kept giggling at random intervals, whenever listening to the kid run got to be too much. 

I watched him out of the corner of my eye for awhile, trying to figure out how exactly he was able to get it to make so much noise. I have no idea what the hell he was doing. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

treadmills are great for running and walking on. In most cases older people or people that have problems with their knees are told by their Doctors to get a treadmill instead of actually walking or jogging on asphalt.

http://www.yorkfitness.com/Treadmills-cat-501/Index.html

quartergoddess said...

Lol. Did a treadmill salesman leave a message on my blog?

Well, just for the record, I am not against the treadmill. I love the treadmill... well, love may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I love the feeling of accomplishment when I'm done and I haven't let it kick my ass too much.

Hopefully, I'm just a tad bit quieter when I run on the treadmill. You know, hopefully, the whole gym isn't looking at me while I run wondering why the hell I'm making so much noise.

mle428 said...

That is hilarious! A little sales pitch for the conversion of the elliptical user today.

I ran on a broken treadmill once that made that loud noise. A metal piece had come loose beneath the belt. I was too self-conscious to do that for 45 minutes...so I found another machine.