Saturday, December 6, 2008

Love Actually

The husband and I watched Love Actually this evening.
I am just chock full of the kind of warm, fuzzies that this movie always gives me.
At this moment, I love puppies and rainbows and babies... and I love, love this movie. 

The music is amazing.
Emma Thompson is brilliant, as per usual for her.
Wisconsin girls (for once) are skewed towards being portrayed as hotties.
"Kids, don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and they give them to you for free." - Billy Mack
"To me, you are perfect..." - Mark
 
Sigh. 
Did I mention I love this movie?

There is only one problem with it and it bothers me every time I watch. 
Sarah's (Laura Linney) story. 
I get it; she loves her brother.
I love my siblings. 
I even have a certain amount of experience with sacrificing a piece of your own happiness for that of your siblings. 
I might help them cover up a murder. I would definitely take in their crack babies. 
But, if I had the opportunity to sleep with a man I had secretly been in love with for 2 years 7 months 3 days and 2 hours, then I would shut my cell phone off.
Their problems would still be there when we're done, right?
So, what's the harm?

I don't mean to burst your bubble if you thought otherwise, but there you have it. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

I had to go underground for a little while please e-mail me at: hlawnicki@yahoo.com if you would like to read.