Sunday, December 14, 2008

For the Record

Since, it doesn't happen very often I just wanted to record the effort. 
I was TOTALLY a good wife today. 

We had a bunch of friends over this weekend. Yesterday, the girls and I all pretended that we're domesticated Betty Crocker types and baked tons of cookies and made some candy and fudge for Christmas. Then, after our intrepid baking adventure I made dinner for everyone. There was some wine involved and we played some games after dinner, so the dishes were piled high and left overnight. 

This morning, the husband wanted to get the dishes done so he could watch the Packer game when it came on at noon. 
Brace yourselves.

I helped him do the dishes. 
He washed, I dried. 
I have no idea what came over me. 
I even wiped down the counter tops. 

In case the husband ever forgets, now I'll have a written record to remind him with.

2 comments:

Fern608 said...

Really? You NEVER do the dishes???Wow, I always new he was a great guy, but TH is a true saint!

quartergoddess said...

Um, I didn't say that I never do the dishes.
Did you even read the blog?
I helped do the dishes TODAY!
And sometimes I do dishes, not very often, but it happens.

Also, it should be noted that since I cooked (remember the I made dinner and baked part?) I was under no obligation to help clean it up.

I did it to be NICE.

And, of course, this turns into a story about how wonderful the husband is. Bah!
The husband can be perfectly lovely, but not a saint.