Friday, December 19, 2008

For the Record: Part II

I don't like to brag (who am I kidding, I love to brag), but sometimes I am an awesome wife. Not very often, but it has been known to happen. 

Last night, it snowed. A lot.
I didn't have to go to work today, so when I got up I decided to do something about the snow situation in our driveway. I tried to use the snow blower, but the husband can be kind of an ass sometimes and refused to show me how to do it the one time I asked. I tried to figure it out on my own, but there are a lot of buttons and switches on the snow blower. I pressed a few buttons, flipped a few switches, but I didn't know what the hell I was doing so I gave up when I didn't have any immediate successes. 

So, I got out the shovel to work on it the old-fashioned way. I'm going to be honest, I didn't initially plan to shovel the entire driveway. I planned on shoveling out the end of the driveway and the high parts, so I could get the Prius in and out of the garage. But, I got started with the end of the driveway and I was having... um, fun? No, fun is not the right word, but I was making some good progress, so I decided to continue until I got sick of it. 

While I was working, one of my neighbors (who is totally awesome, by the by) saw me working by hand and came over to help out with his snow blower. So, he finished snow blowing my driveway and I shoveled off our front walkway, front porch and then worked on making a path for the dogs from the deck in the back of our house. 

(Yes, the dogs get a path. Milo stands about 6 inches off the ground. If we don't shovel him a path, he would probably just sink down and get stuck.)

So, when the husband came home, there was no work required. It had already been done by my neighbor and me. 

What did he have to say to this miracle of the ages? 

The husband: "When I shovel off the deck, usually I make the path a little bigger."

Totally worth it?

1 comment:

Fern608 said...

I stand corrected. TH is no saint. I hope you told him to go out and make the path bigger. :)

(BTW, the snowblower is SO EASY and fun to use - you should have called. I could have talked you through it in 2 mins.)