Sunday, February 8, 2009

Giving Up Control

I read an article in In Style magazine about a woman who gave up control of her wardrobe for one week to her husband. For that week, he got to choose all her outfits from some Lord and Taylor collection , I think. She thought he'd fail horribly at picking clothes for her, but actually she ended up really liking a lot of the looks he chose for her.

It was a really interesting article. I was fascinated and uncomfortable, all at the same time. I like being in control. I don't feel like I have to be in control of everything all the time, but I do have to be in control of myself. As such, I cannot imagine handing over the reins of my life for a whole week to someone else, even if it's over something as superficial as my wardrobe to someone as "trusted" as my husband. 

How about you? Would you let your significant other choose your wardrobe for an entire week? If you did, what do you think they would want you to wear?

I seriously doubt I would ever be able to do this. I think it would make me crazy. However, if I ever did go insane and allow the husband to dress me I would probably end up with 7 days of tight jeans.  

5 comments:

mle428 said...

I have a feeling I'd end up in a different sweater each day. E likes me casual, although he always seems pleaseantly surprised when I dress up.

Speaking of letting go of control. E wants me to have no part in the engagement ring picking out. Luckily, all of his jewelery gifts thus far have been fantastic...

Heather said...

Um...I would do this, but, not in February: his choice=cold.

quartergoddess said...

Ooh. Engagement rings! How exciting! :)

j.l.b. said...

From a man's perspective here, I would have no problem with Daisy picking out my outfits - I think I could handle it for a short period of time.....

quartergoddess said...

You are all braver than I am.