Monday, February 2, 2009

Drama, drama, drama

Work has been a high drama place as of late. 

To make a long story short, there is a girl who has gotten involved with a project I am working on. She has come into a project she knows nothing about and feels as though she has the right to tell me and my Counterpart what to do (she doesn't). She is uncommunicative about information we need to do our jobs and gets defensive and angry every time we have asked her to be better about sharing information. 

The first time I asked her to please let us know information we need, she ran to her boss and then the two of them went to my boss (when my boss was the Hammer) without saying a word to me. I'll admit that this created some ill will towards this girl, even though the Hammer completely backed me up. 

As a catty side note, this girl once wore a sweatshirt tucked in to her jeans. *mean girl snicker*
Ha. Whatever.

Anyway, she just keeps causing problems and now other people are getting involved. People who I would not want working against me and thankfully are supportive of me and my Counterpart. 

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate drama? Hate, hate, hate it. Hate. it.
It puts me off my game and makes me feel all stressed out. I don't want to deal with this kind of shit.

I want her to act like a grown-up. I want her to realize that we work in a collaborative atmosphere, not a hierarchical structured one, so she is not in charge of me. We don't have to be friends. We don't even have to like each other. We just have to work together. 

Grow the fuck up and get out of my space. Then, I could go back to forgetting she even existed. Ahhh... just the idea of it is a little bit of heaven.

3 comments:

j.l.b. said...

You could do what I did at school - put a "No Drama Zone" poster on your door. It has worked for me thus far! All the girls take their gossip in the hallway :)

mle428 said...

Who tucks a sweatshirt into jeans?

quartergoddess said...

Yes, exactly! Thank you!

And just to be clear, it was an oversized sweatshirt and the kind of skinny jeans that aren't actually skinny jeans, but just jeans with no shape on someone skinny.

She looked a little like a blow pop.