Saturday, May 30, 2009

Culinary Ninja

I made bars today for our Brewer's tailgate tomorrow. 
(Bars, for the non-Wisconsinites are, as far as I can tell, any dessert that can be served from a 13 x 9 pan)
To make the bars, I had to melt some chocolate, so I rigged up a makeshift double boiler to do it. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty much feeling like a culinary bad ass at this point. 

No microwave for me, thank you very much! 
I'll do it the hard way. I'll take the not-a-double-boiler-but-I'll-make-it-into-one-anyway, please. 
If the bars turn out to be awesome (and why wouldn't they?), it will definitely be due to my ninja-like double boiling skills. 

P.S. I have noticed, but I no idea why so many of my blogs are food related lately. 

4 comments:

manricor said...

Um, glass bowl over a pot of boiling water?!? That's what I always do. Who has a double boiler. Alton would be so disappointed if we did. See you tomorrow. I'll let you know if they are delicious.

quartergoddess said...

I think lots of people have them. Otherwise, why would they make them?
They would have stopped making them because nobody bought them.

And I used a pot, not a glass bowl. How the hell do you grip a glass bowl to pour it later when it's that hot? I would have broken, burned or dropped something.

Anonymous said...

What happend to the iceburg? Is that original art?

quartergoddess said...

I couldn't get the iceberg to fit into the size banner I wanted at the top, so I changed it.

The artwork is original to somebody, but not me. I just liked it. The girl flying away free. I'll admit that I sort of rearranged the picture from what it was though.