Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Amazing Cakes

I like cake-related television.
I TiVO Ace of Cakes on the Food Network. They make some kick-ass cakes.
If Food Network Challenge is on, I'll turn it on because pretty often, it's some sort of insane cake decorating contest. 

So, when my TiVO recorded Amazing Wedding Cakes on WE, I was all "boo-yah!" 
I spoke too soon.

Amazing Wedding Cakes seems to be about two, possibly three, wedding cake shops going about their business. Not all wedding cake shops are built the same apparently. 

Where Duff and crew (Ace of Cakes) are good natured and up for any challenge, these women are a bunch of neurotic, perfectionist, drama queen, whiny bitches. Blech. 

At Cake Girls, the bakery in Chicago, the customer called to change their order about a week before it was due (the husband-to-be made the call without consulting his wife-to-be) and they bitched and moaned and bagged on their customer, more than once, and in essence called them stupid. 

I didn't know it was possible to dislike a show about cakes. 
Suck it, Amazing Wedding Cakes! You ruined the un-ruinable. 
What the hell is wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Charm City is pretty cool, but probably rare.