Thursday, May 14, 2009

How I was almost good, but then I wasn't

At Christmas, my work hands out holiday cards with crisp $100 bills inside of them. Usually I hand mine over to the husband. This year (with his approval) I kept it. I've been thinking about what I would spend the money on for the past 5 months.

Makeup? Clothes? Jewelry? A new purse? A new vanity for the bathroom?
The possibilities were more enticing than actually spending the money. 

Today, I finally spent my $100. 
I would love to tell you I bought something completely fabulous. 
Nope. Instead, I spent the money on some new bras. 
Sexy bras, at least?
Sure. You'll never know if I'm lying anyway.
It was long overdue. I needed some that actually fit. Too much information? Suck it up. 

I bought three new ones and I could have paid for it out of our joint account, but I had the cash and since I didn't technically need them it seemed fair to pay for it with my own money. 
So, I was a good little girl and did not put my purchases on our bank card. 

THEN. Then, I went to Sephora. Just to look. 
Um, would it help if I said that one of the things I bought was on sale?
No? Oh well. 
I tried. Kind of.

No comments: