Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wanderlust

I can feel it in my veins. There is a time for staying home and taking comfort in the things that are familiar. Then, there is also a time for venturing out and having an adventure. 

I'm looking forward to two grand adventures that loom on the horizon. 

First, the husband turns the big 3-0 this September and in honor of that auspicious occasion we have decided to take a trip. We're going to go to California. We'll fly into LA, rent a car, drive up the coast stopping at various locales and fly back from San Francisco. We've got a few ideas in mind for things to do (Big Sur, San Francisco, Napa Valley). We booked our flight and car rental tonight. We've still got a lot of planning yet to do, but I'm looking forward to it!

Second, in August I earn my 5-year sabbatical at work. What would you do with a paid vacation anywhere in the world? 
I was thinking about taking it next summer, but after talking to my friend JR, I may be leaning towards next May. I haven't finalized a location yet, but right now I'm thinking possibly Prague. I want to go somewhere that has plenty of history so I know there will be plenty for me to do for 3 weeks. Then, all the other European countries are just a train ride away. 
I think I'm going to put in my request at work pretty soon. 

Half the fun of these things is working out the possibilities and planning what you are going to do. Things are looking up. 

5 comments:

Shamrock said...

I think that at least part of the time you are on sabbatical has to be when I do not have school. That way I can visit wherever you are and just stay with you :)

Alicia said...

omg. i want your job! paid 3 week vacation ANYWHERE?!?!? if you go to europe, you can eurrail around places so you can see a couple different countries and a bazillion museums and castles. that'd be neat. if it were me, i think i'd head to brazil or new zealand.

mle428 said...

I have been mulling over my advice for your trip...I'll be getting back to you on that as soon as my brain recovers from finals this week!

quartergoddess said...

B - I think May still works then, aren't finals usually done in May?

Sug - I know, right? Excellent benefit. And actually it's four weeks off w/paid vacay, but the husband only has 3 weeks worth of vacation.

Em - Sweet! I'm just excited to get advice. :)
The husband and I are really looking forward to our trip out to your part of the country.

mle428 said...

My part of the country will be happy to have you. :)