Friday, August 15, 2008

Admiration

When it comes to people I admire, the list isn't really that long.
And don't feel bad if you're not on it, I haven't ever actually met anyone on the list.
And I wouldn't put anyone I know on the list. I won't look up to you, because we have to be equals.
The people I admire and respect tend to make me put my own life in perspective.
They make me realize that whatever I have accomplished, there are greater accomplishments out there.
They make me realize that even though I am good at doing a lot of things, there are people who do them better.
These people make me work harder, even though sometimes they depress me.
They also possess talents I don't usually have myself.

Here are some (not all) of the folks on this admiration list for me: (Although they are numbered they are in no particular order)


1. Josh Beckett - He's my age. He and I graduated from college the same year. He also managed to win a world series ring that year. **I am an underachiever!
2. Julia Childs - I have grudgingly admitted her to the list recently. She's a cooking biddy, which is all well and good (although in all honesty, not enough to make the list), but she was also a spy. A mother-fucking spy! Sigh... my life is SO boring in comparison.
3. Tats - He is better than me at running and pretty much everything else at the gym. He gives me something to aim for.
4. Kanye West - Whatever else you want to say about him, he believes in himself and he believes in quality. I don't think there is anything he couldn't accomplish if that's what he decided he wanted to do.
5. My boss - The CEO of my company is a really and truly ethical person. "We believe that what we tolerate is what we stand for..." (I'd say her name, but then I know people at work have Google alerts set up for her name and I would rather be able to speak my mind on my blog)
6. Drew Barrymore - Look at young Hollywood today. Drew got herself into trouble when she was a teenager and somehow managed to pull herself together to become one a big star in Hollywood. She is a beacon of success in a sea of failures. She's had to figure out how to steer her own course. She's made herself into what she's become.


There are more, I just can't think of them at the moment.

No comments: