Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's a Marathon, not a Sprint

I am exhausted today.
The Olympics were on until past 11:30 last night and 11 on Sunday.
This leaves me conflicted.
I love sleep.
I will make a lot of compromises to get a few extra minutes of sleep.
I also love the Olympics.
The Olympics only come around once every couple of years.

This puts me in an impossible situation.
Go to bed and miss the United States men's gymnastic team's struggles to pull out the bronze medal last night?
Stay up and be exhausted?
Well it's obvious what choice I made, but I'm going to be one cranky bitch if I can't catch up on sleep at some point.

Oh well...
Did you see the United States struggles to pull it out for the bronze medal last night?
It was kind of crazy.
The hard part is not really understanding how they score gymnastics.
That Justin guy (may or may not be his name) impressed me the most.
Were there magnets in his feet?
It seemed like he stuck every landing like he was jumping into glue.
Impressive!

Also, did you see the American swimmers last night?
Holy buckets!
It's almost an embarrassment of riches on the US swim team!
Michael Phelps didn't just beat the competition... he crushed them!
Aaron Piersol has been a favorite for a while. His attitude out of the pool is such the laid back surfer dude. Yet, he's amazing to watch in the water. He doesn't seem like the type to have the killer instinct (ahem... like Michael Phelps) so maybe he's just that good?

Go team!

ETA:  The husband reminded me that in fact it was the Jonathan kid, not the Justin guy who impressed me.

No comments: