Sunday, August 17, 2008

Married?

My brother's Facebook account lists him as married to his girlfriend, Marie.
That's a joke, right?
It's like when Alexis tells a lie, it seems like it's probably a lie... there's a 99% chance it's a lie, but it could be the truth, that one lonely percent, so I'm just not completely sure.
The one bright side would be I'm pretty sure if he was idiotic enough to get married that his mom would finally let me taser the dumbass.

Hmm... that presents something of a moral dilemma for me.

On the one hand, we would have the possibility of tasering my young (under-age) married brother.
On the other, we would have no tasering, but the dumbass isn't married.

Normally, I'm going to advocate whatever position gets brother tasered... in this case?
Well, I guess he's already either married or not, so it doesn't matter what I "advocate."
Whew, another moral paradox taken out of my hands. Probably for the best on all sides of that one.

8 comments:

Fern608 said...

Soooo YOU were surprised -- imagine MY response! I was SHOCKED. He is sporting quite a large hickey, but no legal marriage certificate that I know of. But they certainly do care deeply for eachother.

Fern608 said...

but on the other hand... if he IS actually married, it didn't cost me a dime. (Weddings are expensive, you know.) Go Adam!

quartergoddess said...

So, you're okay with underage marriage as long as it doesn't cost you anything?
I would judge, but since I'm (apparently) okay with underage marriage as long as I'm allowed to taser the groom I don't have a lot of room to talk.

Fern608 said...

FREE and taser allowable. :)

Shamrock said...

Wait, wait, wait - "they certainly do care deeply for each other"? This pisses me off! You question Nate at every turn but you can justify an underage marriage to Marie? Not cool!
BTW, I demand to be present for the tasering. In fact, after Natalie tasers him, I would like to try it as well. Either that or shoot him with a BB gun. Both options make me happy...

quartergoddess said...

In Michelle's defense, with Marie we get access to rich people stuff like houses in NY, etc. What does Nate bring to the table?

Also, Adam's marriage brings potential tasering to the table.

Although I would be happy (no thrilled (no ecstatic!!)) to taser Nate if ever the opportunity came along, the opportunity will not be coming along just because you two might decide to get married.

On second thought, it might if you decided to run off and get married without telling me (before or after) with so much as a phone call. If you get married and only let me know through a Facebook notification, I'm tasering you both!!

Shamrock said...

So, if were to call you before running off to Vegas or something, could you just taser Nate? Because that might be worth it...
Oh - and good point about the house in New York. However, Nate is a lot easier to make fun of than Marie - especially with his stupid republican views.

quartergoddess said...

I could just taser Nate any old time, ninja style.
If you are calling me to let me know you are getting married in Vegas, it better be because you want me to come along.
At which point, you're the bride, if you want me to taser Nate, I'll taser Nate. Hell, we don't even need the excuse of your wedding. If you want me to, I'll try to figure out how to do it now. You figure out how to make him stand still long enough for me to taser him! :)

And... it's interesting that you are attempting to add "uptight Republican" to the pro list for Nate. I'm not sure you're going to be successful in that bid, but I've got to admit you've got some spunk for trying!