Saturday, August 16, 2008

Long Drives and Babies

I am finally home again and my rear end is sore from so many hours in the car.
I am exhausted!
Today was Mandy's baby shower, so I spent 5 hours (at least) driving up to Point and back.
It was a fun, if bizarre day. Baby stuff is weird.
Some of it is so adorable, I can't get over it. Some of it is so weird and foreign I can't believe it's used to care for another human being.

Here's a shot of the three of us from the shower. Aren't we cute? This is a good pic of the three of us.


Lots of mothers and daughters share clothing. Mandy's just starting a bit early. Ha! I can't believe Mandy let me take this picture! Despite what Mandy said at the shower, you will notice that she's smiling in a number of these pictures. I think she had a better time than she's willing to admit. Although I teased her a bit today about being unhappy about the shower, I'm no better. You would think it would great being the center of attention and getting tons of presents. But, I don't remember enjoying my wedding shower that much. I just felt awkward and uncomfortable, so I really don't have a lot of room to accuse on that one.



Mandy with her sisters and niece. Kudos to Becky for planning and executing the whole thing.


Heather (Mandy's sister) holding the best candle I have ever seen.
He's a beach bum dude who is bald and has a rat tail.
I'm jealous.


A diaper cake. Made unfortunately out of baby items and diapers, not cake.


Alexis and Mandy at the shower.


The yummy spread from the shower. Alexis and I were so hungry when we got there! Everything was pretty yummy!

No comments: