Wednesday, August 13, 2008

He's going to try to win every gold medal possible...

While watching the Men's All-around gymnastics competition, the announcer said that he had talked to Yang Wei (the Chinese competitor) and he told them that he was going to try to win every gold medal possible.

I assume he meant gymnastics gold medals in events in which he is competing.

If so, no fuck, huh?
Who goes to the Olympics and thinks, well I'm going to go for the gold in the team competition, but I think I'll let off the gas a little and aim for the bronze in the all around.

I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure that EVERYONE is going for the gold in EVERY competition, no matter what.

But, thanks NBC commentators, thanks for letting me know that in fact that Yang Wei is trying to win. That was both informative and interesting. I bet he's going to give 110%, too.


** Side note: That poor Japanese gymnast... I feel so bad for him. He is having a TERRIBLE night.

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

Well, maybe some people don't want to be gold medal hogs. Why do you need more than one anyway? Diversify the collection - get a silver or bronze.