Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Deeply Disappointing

It has been a deeply disappointing morning.

October 1st is the day I get my raise at work.
It was a horrible raise. 5%
In our current economic state, that's not even a cost of living raise.

I work hard.
I work hard so that I am one of the top ranked in my division and this is the thanks I get?
I can look forward to a future of shitty raises no matter how hard I work?
Where is the motivation in that?
Why should I work so hard when I could work 1/2 as hard and get the same raise?

It's like a slap in the face.
Thanks, but no thanks for all your hard work.
Here's a less than the cost of living increase.

To think, I had actually begun to care about my job a little bit over the past year.
Well that's done now.

Fuck you job.

I have to stop thinking about this.
It's embarrassing to cry at work.

2 comments:

quartergoddess said...

Fuck it. It doesn't matter anyway.

I won't care about any of this shit when I'm living on mr blume hippie commune in Argentina...

Fern608 said...

Commune living does have it's advantages. My company's average raises are only 2% annually.... so I understand the whole "not keeping up with the cost of living" thing. (BTW, remember that's COMPANY AVERAGE... so some get lower and a rare few higher raises than 2%. Thank you Wall Street, as my company is publicly held and always worried about meeting street expectations!)