Friday, October 24, 2008

Oh Playmate, come out and play with me

I was watching the Addams Family at the gym yesterday when I heard a song that my mom used to sing to us when my sister and I were little. 
It's kind of creepy in the context of that particular movie, but it made me all nostalgic. 
I had forgotten that song even existed. 
It's a bizarre form of delight to discover, somewhere buried in the cobwebs of my mind, memories of things I used to love. 

Here are the lyrics:
Oh playmate, come out and play with me
And bring your dollies three,
Climb up my apple tree.

Slide down my rain barrel,
Climb up my cellar door,
And we'll be jolly friends 
Forever more, more, more.

Oh playmate, I cannot play with you,
My dollie's got the flu,
Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Ain't got no rain barrel,
Ain't got no cellar door,
But, we'll be jolly friends,
Forever more, more, more.

No comments: