Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well, well

Things have been looking up since lunch.

I was on track to have a crappy day.
My slap in the face raise, which was almost worse than nothing at all.
I got a paper cut... because my company insists on giving me a fake pay slip telling me to seek out my real pay slip. Stupid fucking waste of paper that cut my finger.
We have a deadline at work, that I am recently not that motivated to meet.
One of the projects I am working on is not going as well as I might like and it's making me uneasy.
My new eyeshadow which is specifically not supposed to crease, was creased by 9AM... that's fucking ridiculous.
Etc... there have been other things, but (perhaps contrary to popular belief) I don't take note of every crappy little thing that happens to me in a day.

Then after lunch one of my favorite coworker, FancyTalker came into talk to me about some questions they had. It was a relief to talk about problems that weren't mine and FT generally always makes me laugh. It's hard to hold onto grimness and anger when you laugh.

My load is lightened, if not relieved.

It's amazing how the smallest things can have an impact on your outlook and just turn your day around.

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

Your eyeshadow creased?? Even with the fabulous Urban Decay Primer Potion?? Is this possible? What shadow was it so that I stay far away?!