Friday, October 31, 2008

Dark Days

Some days are darker than others.
Today is one of those days.
The monsters I keep carefully locked away in the basement forced their way out.
They know they can't win, but they can make me suffer.
With the kind of week I've had, it was only a matter of time.
I think someone at work might have slipped them the key.
I've been all over the place today.
Sometimes I'm fine, but right now I feel sad and alone.
AND our company Halloween party didn't have any cookies, they brought in doughnuts instead.
WTF?? Doughnuts??
If you are going to go to the trouble of throwing yourself a pity party, there should be chocolate there. (Preferably in bar, cookie, or ice cream form... not necessarily in that order)

Don't worry and good Lord don't call me. I'll get over it soon enough.
ETA: It's possible I was just hungry. I had something to eat and I'm feeling a little better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are having a bad day. I love you and you aren't alone as long as I am around to perpetually annoy you for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!
Cass

Fern608 said...

Hey - I got your chocolate back Hon! I bought a ton of candy because the new neighborhood is full of kids. Lots of kids = few trick-or-treaters. WHAA??? I can't figure it out. But, we have lots of chocolate that I will send your way for future dark days. B/c doughnuts are NOT the same. Love you very much!