Sunday, October 5, 2008

FreshMeat

I met my sister's boyfriend this weekend.
He was unfailingly polite, charming and funny the entire time I spent with him.
Of course, in the end, it doesn't matter what I think of him. My policy regarding sibling relationships remains the same.

As long as they are good to my sibs, then I don't care if they are assholes (or let's say Republicans :)) I'm still going to make the effort to get along with them and be nice (enough... as much as I'm able to be "nice" to anyone I guess). If you aren't good to them, you will only be around in spite of my best efforts, so good luck with that.
Oh yeah, and I may like you and get along with you, but that doesn't mean you are good enough for my sibs. Ever.

That being said, Sis-C's boy did manage to impress me. (Not that easy to do)

We were talking about going to the gym and manly muscles.

Me: You've seen what these guns can do in the Middle East. Now you're going to see what they can do in the ring.
FreshMeat: The Best of Chris Farley Saturday Night Live is one of those DVDs everybody should own.
Me: Wha?? Exactly!!

That's right. He is familiar enough with Chris Farley to identify it out of nowhere.
Maybe that shouldn't impress me, but somehow it does.
I'm pretty jazzed that there is a chance I might actually like this one, unlike DoucheBag, the last dude Sis-C dated.

No, Regis, that's not my final answer, but it's my best guess thus far.

No comments: