Sunday, January 4, 2009

Infomercial

As a part of the television generation, you would think that I would be more immune to infomercials. I see a lot of infomercials at the gym, so maybe watching them without sound makes them more potent. 

Or maybe I'm just a schmuck. 

Anyway, they've been going crazy with the commercials for the Strap Perfect. (www.strapperfect.com

There's a little part of me that keeps going, 'That looks cool. I should totally get one!"
The rest of me keeps telling that part to shut up. 

I don't know... it does look kind of cool though. 
Let's not talk about Bendaroos.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Crap. Now I want that.

Fern608 said...

Have you seen the ShamWOW? It looks like magic.

quartergoddess said...

H - Right? Wanna go halfsies? Lol.

F - Well, it *was* German engineered, so you know it has to be good.

What annoys me about that commercial is that the testimonials are all from people who just bought it. I can still see the guy selling the product in the background. They can't really say if it's great or not if they just bought it!

mle428 said...

I bought the Bender Ball thanks to silent infomercials at the gym.

quartergoddess said...

Oooh, I think I know that one. Is it the one where the ladies are all, hmmm, how strange that you should randomly ask me what my favorite part of my body is, because it's definitely my abs. My husband can't keep his hands off my abs! Why, yes, I use the bender ball.

Everytime one of them says, I love my abs, I just want to smack them.

So... um... does it work?

Fern608 said...

I need to know if the Bender Ball works! I almost bought the darn thing... along with ShamWOW.