Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm Not Ready

FancyTalker and I had a pow-wow this afternoon about some projects we're working on. As he got up to leave, he said, "Do you see that? Out the window?"

At which point I glare at him because he knows good and well that I cannot see out the window from my cube. Also, I cannot see over the tops of the cube walls out the window either, being so short (a fact which he likes to rub in), so I am forced to walk to the nearest window to see what he's going on about.

Snow.
Big, stupid, fat flakes swirling around.

It's like beautiful, floaty, cold, death.
Months and months of harsh winds, poor driving conditions, wet dogs, wet pant hems, salted
streets, winter jackets, cold hands and tons of cold, wet snow.

Yes, it's pretty, but I'm not ready for this.

3 comments:

Shamrock said...

Snow sucks! Especially the wet jeans part - I hate wet jeans more than anything. And since it's winter, the wet jeans will get salt marks on them - stupid snow

Anonymous said...

Why can't I have a cool name like "Fancy Talker" why does my name have to be sis-c? By the way I would now like to comment on the unoriginality of you abbreviation (very uncool)....however I realize that in your advanced age these quips designated for, well lets just say a more mature intelligence (aka higher), are now beyond your grasp. It is lucky dear gloworm(aaaah a name worthy of a nobel prize in creativity) that I your sister (Keeper of all things light and good) will be here to aid you!
Now go off little one and revel in the ignorance that is yours, I will protect you from the barbs of those that run in my circle!
(I am not floating away shrouded in a blinding, but beautiful, light)

quartergoddess said...

Blah, blah, blah.
Did you say something?