Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cleaning the House

The husband and I finally faced the music today and cleaned the house. 
I hate cleaning. A LOT.
He's lazy, but hates for things to be dirty.
The combination means we often go for a few months without cleaning the house. We would probably go longer, but somebody (not me) gets their panties in a bunch about the house being dirty and whines until I finally agree to help.

Cleaning sucks, but having a clean house is awesome.
If I had the money, I would totally pay someone to do it for me. 

It takes a long time to clean the house when you don't do it very often.
It takes even longer when the husband is downstairs "vacuuming" the basement for three hours, which involves a lot of watching the Badger game (and very little cleaning). 
Before you feel too sorry for the guy (his mean old wife making him clean the house instead of watch the Badger game), it was his nagging that finally got us to clean the house AND I wanted to clean the house last Sunday when there was no Packer game on. HE wanted to wait until today. 

Blinded by that light? Yeah, that's my halo. Because I was actually cleaning while the husband pretended to. 

2 comments:

Shamrock said...

yay - you can come clean my apartment now :)

quartergoddess said...

Um, yeah.
I can barely work myself up to clean my house. The chances of me cleaning someone else's is somewhere between zero and nil.