Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quantum of Solace

I went to see Quantum of Solace today with the fam. 
The fam minus the husband who due to his drinking and staying up late last night, spent the entire day curled up in a fetal position in a darkened room. Wuss. 

The intelligent, empowered 21st century feminist in me thinks I shouldn't really like 007 movies. They are kind of misogynistic, especially the old ones. 

The rest of me tells her to shut the hell up for the following reasons:
1. My dad and I used to watch 007 movies together on cable when I was a kid. I can't hate on something we bonded over. 
2. I like action movies. 
In true American style, blow some shit up, drive fast cars, boats and/or planes, shoot some bad guys and I'm entertained for a few hours... as long as the plot line isn't incredibly stupid. (The part after the ... is just my caveat, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the general rule)
3. I like 007 movies. 
The lame one-liners, the gadgets, the fast, gorgeous cars, the fast, gorgeous women. There's a certain tradition there that I dig. 
4. Daniel Craig is a smokin' piece of man flesh. The man knows how to wear a suit. Plus, the striking blue eyes. Plus, the gritty realism vibe of the last two Bond movies all makes for a very attractive package. All due respect to Sean Connery, but Daniel Craig is my favorite Bond, definitely of my lifetime, possibly ever. 
I'm pretty sure I would show up to watch him read the phone book. 


No comments: