Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Top Chef-iness

Top Chef is back for a fifth season. 
It's usually only after the season is over that I can finally enjoy these first couple of episodes when it's all chaotic and there are too many chefs to keep track of. 
There were two chefs kicked off last week and I can't even remember them. 

I like the Europeans so far. They are very confident, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I loved Hung from Season 3 and Marcel from Season 2, so clearly an unrealistic, absolute belief in one's talents isn't a deal breaker for me. 
So far, I find Fabio charming. We'll see. After awhile the whole "Team Europe" thing may grate, but so far I dig it.
I also dig the adorable tattooed lesbian, Jamie, the tattooed hard-knock kid, Eugene, and the big dopey guy Hosea. 

I'm undecided on Carla. 
On the one hand, she's bat shit crazy. 
On the other hand, she's bat shit crazy.
She kind of creeps me out though, so I'm leaning towards nay, but who can tell?

I do not dig Ariane. She wants to know if "she's as good as everyone says she is."
She's been on the bottom for two challenges in a row.
Padma spit out her food.
Padma never spits out the food. 
Hmmm... I have a sneaking suspicion that you are not as good as everyone says you are. 

Jill left the show this week and she probably won't be missed. However, watching her attempt to crack those ostrich eggs was the highlight of this week's Top Chef for me. 

No comments: