Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Cheatin' Heart

I got a haircut yesterday and I hate it!
The color she did was awesome, it's got kind of purple-y "panels" in it now.
But the cut? Awful!!!

I remember being so poor in college that I went to the Great Clips in Plover for a hair cut.
The woman hacked my hair to pieces and I actually cried in the parking lot over what she had done. After that I resolved to always have my hair done at a decent salon, even if I had to save up or not get my hair cut very often.

This is the first time that plan has blown up in my face. The problem is that at my hair salon, they love to pair us with one particular hair dresser. I don't want one. I just want who ever is available, but no, I'm locked into my girl.

The problem is she really likes the type of cut where it is short in the back and long in the front or short in the front and long in the back. I hate this look.
I have determined that I hate the following hair cuts:
Anything that resembles a mullet
Anything that resembles the "Rachel" haircut of the 90s
Anything that resembles the "Posh" haircut of last year (super short in back, long in front)
Anything that resembles Jane Kaczmarek's hair cut in "Malcolm in the Middle"
Anything that resembles Ramiele Malubay's hair cut from her American Idol days

And yes, it is a long list.
And no, I didn't realize until today that I had a list of hair cuts I hated that long.
And technically, I don't hate them. I just don't want them.

So, since I hate my haircut so much I made an appointment at a salon in Monroe to try to fix it.
I hope they don't make it worse.
If they do I may go on a rampage that makes Godzilla seems like a small nuisance to Tokyo.

When I called the new salon, they asked me on a scale of 1 - 10 how important is my hair to me.
Before today I would have given it a 3 or 4, but now I'm not sure. It feels like a lie now, since this cut is bothering me so much.

I know she gave me a haircut I hate. I know I didn't want to be assigned permanently to her anyway.
BUT, I kind of feel like I'm cheating on my hairdresser.
I've started thinking up lies to tell her the next time I see her.
I don't want her to know I cheated on her.
Gum stuck in my hair?
My niece is in cosmetology school?
Or maybe she won't notice.

What?
Yeah, I'll probably go back and see her again.
I really like they way they dye my hair there.
Just because I'm seeing someone else on the side, doesn't mean I want to break up.

It was only one time, baby, I swear it. You know I love you...

2 comments:

Shamrock said...

Should it disturb me that you call your hairdresser baby?

Shamrock said...

well, I think it disturbs me a bit anyway...