Monday, May 5, 2008

Are you kidding?

I went to the dentist today and for the most part it was a good experience. They got me (painlessly) cleaned up and out of there in less than a 1/2 hour. Yay dentistry professionals!

The worst part of the dentist for me is getting my teeth x-rayed. They wanted x-rays this time to make sure my front teeth didn't die in the car accident... *gigantic sigh of relief-- my teeth are alive and kicking*
My mouth is kind of small, so those plastic things they put in your mouth to x-ray your teeth are gigantic. They kind of shove/place in the x-ray sheets which are taller than my mouth opens wide and then tell me to "bite down"
Huh? Are you kidding? I can barely get my mouth closed and you want me to bite down?
Okay. I'll pretend to bite down and you just go take the damn x-ray already.

I don't really hate the dentist or anything, but I'm glad that I have 6 months of not having my teeth x-rayed to look forward to.

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

Ugh - I hate that too! I can never bite down and then they insist on readjusting it so it is poking the top of my mouth. It gets painful! I am with you - cleaning is no problem but x-rays suck!