Monday, May 5, 2008

Temptation Looms

The first Monday of every month they bring in bagels, doughnuts and muffins for all the employees to enjoy. I call them "New Hire Mondays" because it's (not-so-coincidentally) the day when all our new employees start for that month.

So, when I walk in our break room, you can just smell all that beautiful fat and sugar sitting there. It's the doughnuts that get me. Chocolate icing, glazed, sprinkles... they look so tempting sitting there all in a row. You just know if you bit into one that it would be so soft and sweet.

But, there are no new hire doughnuts for me now or in the foreseeable future. *Sigh*
Oh well, I guess I can just be happy with the sight and smell of them. They probably taste better in my imagination than they would in real life anyway.

4 comments:

Mr Blume said...

I run into similar dilemas everyday. I know that at some point in the week, I am going to treat myslef to something bad for me. The problem is limiting it to one or two times a week, opposed to 20 times a week like before. The hard part is chosing which bad thing I am going to eat.

quartergoddess said...

The hard part? Really? I so don't feel sorry for you. Man, if I got to be bad once or twice a week that would be awesome! Pizza and ice cream are my vices of choice. Boom! I'm done. See how easy that was? Whiner... :)

quartergoddess said...

Or mashed potatoes. I love mashed potatoes!

quartergoddess said...

Maybe you're right and it is harder than I thought.