Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lingering Thoughts

Idolatry
I was glad to see Jason Castro go last night on American Idol, even though a part of me wishes it had been Syesha. If it had been Syesha, although that would have been slightly unfair to her since she sang far better than Castro, it would have pretty much assured the two Davids into the final. Plus, I think her comparing her "hardships" on American Idol to the struggles of the civil rights movement is just so... arrogant? Is that the right word? Hubristic, maybe... which according to dictionary.com is actually a word.

Chef-iness
On to Top Chef, after last week I was feeling more friendly towards Spike, but I have since swung back to my original position of "Shut up Spike." I had read on-line that Spike took time out of cooking last week to really take care of the kid he was working with when the kid cut their finger open. That was sweet. However, this week he's back to being the same old douche bag, so that was the end of that.

I still don't like Antonia. So, with all of your "experience" you "know" crispy chicken is a bad idea and you still let him do it? Basically, you are just setting him up to throw him under the bus if your team loses. Classy move there, chica. You seem like a talented enough chef, so if you could stop acting like such an asshole, I might be able to like you. But, then again, based on your behavior so far, probably not.

It was past time for Nikki to go. IMHO, the only reason she has lasted this long is because she has sucked, ever so slightly, less than everyone who was kicked off before her. You have a challenge where Italian (which is your specialty) is the main event and you don't take the lead? Spike and Lisa were ready to fall in line behind you and you just left everyone out to dry. You suck. I should have known when she was going on about their similar palettes that she was going down. Remember her specialty of mac-n-cheese anybody?

I can't hate Dale. Even though he is an arrogant, whiny baby who slams things around, I can't hate him. I sort of love the spectacle that is Dale.

That reminds me though, I miss Hung. Dale is no Hung, certified public asshole or not. I missed Hung during the relay race. I am coming to appreciate more and more the awesomeness that was Hung breaking down those chickens.

Yay Richard and Stephanie! I like Richard more and more as the weeks wear on. He's so adorably a food geek. But, (unlike Antonia) he shows a classy streak by giving the win to Stephanie because he admired her for putting it on the line and making a cake. The dude gives credit where credit is due, whether it is Stephanie or Dale.

Wait a minute! Richard is married? Huh? I wouldn't have guessed that he is married. Okay, I can roll with that I guess.

2 comments:

David Dust said...

Richard is married? To a girl??!! Go figure. He's growing on me - every week.

Click here for DavidDust's Top Chef Chicago recap.

:)

quartergoddess said...

According to his bio on bravotv.com, "He and his wife reside in Atlanta, Georgia with their two weimaraners and are expecting their first child in the spring"

He's married and there is a mini-Blais to come! I'll be damned.