Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fatty & Co.

We went to go visit Fatty and N this weekend. It was nice to see them and the kids. Especially since Fatty has now decided he wants to do a triathlon, and thus has stopped lifting so much, so he looks normal now instead of like he was on steroids.
I thought it might have been an awkward visit. Jeff and Fats talked on Friday, and all I really feel comfortable saying in a blog is that they've had a difficult week. I would have totally understood if they hadn't wanted us to come. I think they felt like it would be better to have a distraction than to be left to think about the week. N said that they didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to get together since we're both so busy and it's hard to find time. Plus, Jeff is Ayden's godfather and they want them to get the chance to know one another. I think that's kind of sweet.
Anyway, it was good to get to see them, even if it was under crummy circumstances. Not that you ever want a situation like this to come up, but it makes you look at your friends in a different way when it does. I have a new found respect for the kind of people Fats and Nicole are and the way they live their life. I hate sappiness and all that kind of stuff, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

1 comment:

Mr Blume said...

Fatty & CO. sounds like the name to a clothing store. I can't decide if it is a urban ware themed store, or one that would compete with Big and Tall.