Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Final Three

American Idol

David A.
First Song: Good, but good Lord it bored me to tears.
Second Song: I actually liked him with this song. It was pretty obvious that he was actually having fun singing it, instead of just being chained down by all this older music that really isn't his thing (personally, I don't mean musically).
Third Song: Is it really any surprise that the producers chose some sappy, ballady drivel for him to sing? This is why I appreciated what he did in round 2. Something different. He's a good singer, but we don't need to hear another ballad every week.

Syesha
First Song: Well sung, but how was that different from the Alicia Keys version? It wasn't. So way to be a copycat Syesha. Laaaaame.
Second Song: Does she even want to make it to the finals? Why the hell would she sing that song in the Final Three on American Idol? Simon was spot on, it was hideous cabaret.
Third Song: Hmm... that was horrible. The question is, is that good news or bad news. People might sympathy vote her now, because it was so awful. She SO does not deserve to be in the final.

David C.
First Song: Pretty good stuff. I liked how it built at the end.
Second Song: Randy was right. It was a little pitchy. But, fuck that, it was also AWESOME! I really enjoyed the way it built to the end. I was pretty down with that song.
Third Song: They chose Aerosmith for him, huh? It definitely suits the tone of his voice. It's unfortunate that they didn't pick a song he could re-invent, since this song is sort of already in his style, but still he rocked it out. LOVE HIM!

Overall, tonight was pretty much what I expected. David C was my fave. David A was good. Syesha is lucky to have made it this far.
Hopefully, we'll see both David's into the finals.

Hell's Kitchen
Man, even when that guy is happy, Matt has the worst kind of bitch face.
I can't believe Roseanne has lasted this long. She doesn't cook very well, if she sends out raw seafood more than once.
Jen pouted her way through service. Ramsay got fed up with her wah-wah and told her to shut it, so she sulked the rest of the night. Dude, you've got to get over it. He yells at everyone. Just get the job done.
Man, Ramsay is not a fan of Ben. But, I kind of agree with him, Ben is lame. He just loves to bitch and moan, but I haven't seen that he's anywhere a decent enough cook to talk the way he does.
So, I guess that's why he went bye-bye.
Here's what I don't understand, how is it strategic for Ben to offer to nominate himself. Let's face it pal, Ramsay called you out more than anybody else tonight. Plus, he's never really been a fan of you anyway. If you go up there at all you have to know there is a good chance you are going home. So, see ya!

No comments: