Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hazy

Today was a little hazy.
I went to some Microbrew festival in Oregon.
Dad invited me and I invited Ash.
It was (to my surprise) actually fun.
We tried a few different beers from small breweries around Wisconsin.
My favorites were the Blucreek Blueberry Amber Ale from Blucreek Brewing (http://www.blucreek.com/) and Lazy Mutt Farmhouse Ale from Minhas Craft Brewery (http://www.minhasbrewery.com/) which is a brewery in Monroe.

I had more to drink tonight than I've had in a long time. Probably since I was in Vegas.
No matter what my step-mother says, I was not that drunk tonight.
Tipsy, yes.
Tired, yes.
Wasted, no.

I'm at the nice medium place, where you feel no pain and are in that sort of floaty goodness.

It was nice seeing everyone again Ash, Michelle, Dad... especially Adam. I haven't seen him in half of forever. And I actually miss the little bugger.

Who knew such a thing could happen?
You adopt these kids as your siblings in the beginning to be nice. Because you dad is determined to marry their mother. Then all of the sudden you become attached. You agree to take in their crack babies or help them cover up crimes or actually miss them when you don't see them for long periods of time. Weird. What a tangled web it all becomes.

Okay, I'm off to get some sleep so I can be the dutiful daughter tomorrow morning at my mother's Mother's Day brunch.

1 comment:

Fern608 said...

I know you were not wasted. It was fun to see you having fun with the kidlets. It is a tangled web of love, isn't it? And it goes both ways, my dear. Ash & Adam love you and Cas (one S) just as much as you do them. And me? I love you more than life itself.