Monday, May 19, 2008

I like songs about whores

Example #1) The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel
Asking only workman's wages I come lookin for a job, but I get no offers,
Just a come on from the whores on 7th avenue
I do declare there were times when I was so lonesome
I took some comfort there...

Although, my favorite part of this song comes later, but still a good whore reference.

Example #2) Basket Case by Green Day
I went to a shrink
To analyze my dreams
She says it's lack of sex
That's bringing me down
I went to a whore
She says my life's a bore
So quit my whining
Cause it's bringing her down

I just happened to listen to both of these songs in recent days. I don't know that many songs about whores, but I like both of the ones I do know. Does two songs represent a pattern?

If you know of any other songs about whores, pass them along.

1 comment:

Mr Blume said...

Roxxane, The Police

You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night

Roxanne
You don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets of money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right