Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

To celebrate Mother's Day we went out with Mom and the mongoose to the Admiralty room at the Edgewater Hotel. It wasn't a bad buffet. I had a rather delicious chocolate-chocolate chip muffin.

The best part of our meal was our waiter. He totally had a man-crush on the mongoose.
The mongoose's plates were cleared away as soon as he was done with them.
The rest of us just had to sit there with all our plates piled up.
He was a-lookin' for a love connection, but unfortunately for him the mongoose was having none of that.

Then, we went to the movies. Mom wanted to see Iron Man. It was actually really good. Even though there were a few too many previews, I really enjoyed them, because they made me excited to go to the movies again and reminded me how much I love going to the movies.

There are some movies coming out soon that I'm really looking forward to seeing, including but not limited to:
The Dark Knight
Indiana Jones
Sex and the City
Get Smart

Although, the new Incredible Hulk looks like an incredible stinker.

They also had the best commercial for Lipton Green Tea that involved a slide. Man, I wish that was an option at the mall. If I had to choose between taking the stairs, the escalator or a slide, you can be damn sure I'd go for the slide.

3 comments:

Shamrock said...

Hey hey - you should also be looking forward to Harry Potter and Twilight. I mean come on - I put so much time into writing about Twilight and Edward's hotness so I think you could at least be interested in that movie too :)

Fern608 said...

Sign me up for a "Girls Night Out" to see Sex and the City!

quartergoddess said...

Ooh... that's a good idea. I don't think Jeff's going to be jazzed to see Sex and the City.