Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Adieu

I used to use Downy's Lavender and Vanilla fabric softener. It smells so good!
But, no more.
Consider this my hug goodbye. I wish we could still be friends, but we can't.

Downy tests on animals, so I can't buy them anymore.
I bought Method's fabric softener that smells like "Fresh Air" instead.
I don't know if Target was just smelling especially fresh this afternoon, but it smelled like nothing to me.

This "no animal testing" products thing is hard.
EVERYTHING is tested on animals.
Even things you wouldn't think, like tampons. I do NOT want to know how or why they are testing tampons out on animals!!

On the bright side, Method products are also environmentally friendly in addition to being animal friendly. So, I get to be more green, too!
Woot woot!
Slowly, but surely I'll be a good global citizen. Or at least I'm going to try to be. We'll see if I ever get there.

2 comments:

Fern608 said...

Are Bounce dryer sheets tested on animals? Any dryer sheet NOT tested on animals? I'm far to lazy to use liquid fabric softener

quartergoddess said...

Yes, Bounce dryer sheets are tested on animals.

According to the Caring Consumer website, the Good Home Company and Simplicity Clean both do not test on animals. I think you'd have to specialty order the Good Home Company, but apparently Simplicity Clean sells at WalMart.

CaringConsumer.com