Friday, September 26, 2008

He did what?!?

I just read this review of Jessica Simpson's latest concert.
(What? It was linked off perezhilton.com. So I'm a dirty, dirty pop culture whore... get over it.)

The concert was bad blah, blah, blah.
What I really enjoyed were some of the comments people made about the article.

Some favorites:
"First off Ted. As a Windsorite I'm very disappointed in this story. The fact that you are a reporter for Windsor Star does not give you the right to voice "YOUR PERSONAL" opinion on behalf of the rest of us. It was unfortunate that I wasnot able to attend the concert but have spoke to plenty of friends that did and heard it was awesome!"

Yes, I hate it when reviewers give me their "PERSONAL" opinion. I expect them to be objective and provide me with cold, hard scientific fact when relating whether it was a good concert or not. Ah, the wind is coming out of the west at 30 mph, must have been a good one.

"I would like to see how you can sing TED, I am sure you can't. As for her outfit, she looked HOT. It's too bad that Caesars brought someone one who sings very well and we get writers writing these awful words."

Mother fucking writers who write...

"This person is reporting on personal things not just the show. What happens in Texas is Texas. You go and see if they still feel the same today."

Which means Texas is what exactly?

"Also would like to comment on that fact you said her band was a "crack unit", do you want to explain what that is and explain it to my 10 year old son. The windsor star promotes children to read the paper for literacy and they write "CRACK UNIT"."

In case you aren't planning on reading the article, here is the context of his 'crack unit' comment:
"The seven-member band and two backup singers were a crack unit. She later acknowledged their contributions and, in one of the few classy moments of the show, left the stage so they could do an instrumental number."

What is the world coming to? When you find out could you explain it to her 10 year old son?

No comments: